Sunday, 26 February 2017

Derby Day 2

26/02/2017
Norwich 1 Ipswich 1

Today is the second Derby of the season and I'm pretty confident, after the last few games. My husband's sentiments of owing Ipswich a Derby earlier on in the season are well and truly null and void.

For some reason last night neither of our girls wanted to sleep and we must have been woken up about 8 times by them. So I was a bit of a Zombie this morning and not really in any shape to happily wave my husband off to the football. I think I was too jealous of his hour car journey/potential nap time.

However after he left we did slope off back upstairs for a while so I could feed the baby whilst my eldest played a game based on Disney the Lodge with my sister's old Star Wars toys. She loves playing games with dolls about boyfriends and girlfriends and people getting married. Quite oddly these games often involve the heroine being kidnapped too.

Last night as we were getting ready for bed she had shown an interested in all of the hair care instruments we have in the bedroom. In order to get her to go to sleep,  as you read above that didn't last, I promised I would show her how these worked today. So after she got bored of her game I had to get the hairdryers, curling irons and crimpers out. I assumed one of us would end up with some sort of burn however she was really patience and still and now has lovely crimped hair. I can almost pretend she let me plait her hair before bed to achieve the same result.

Her favourite new game today has been Park Farm. Which we went to again yesterday, thanks to our new, although slightly battered already, season ticket.  She particular likes pretending she is driving / presenting the deer safari. I am very impressed that she has remembered deer only have bottom teeth.

My husband enjoyed the derby game today his highlight was the one minute applause 15 minutes into the game to celebrate Ipswich's 15th consecutive championship campaign, but he was not very impressed with being held back for 40 minutes after the game to let the Ipswich fans go by the police.

26 comments:

  1. Your little one sounds very imaginative. I'm sure there's never a dull moment with her. #bigpinklink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I had to comment on this one! Harry and I watched the Derby at home and he enjoyed most of it. He didn't enjoy me cheering when Ipswich scored and waking him from his nap, and I didn't enjoy his poo-splosion just before you guys equalised! See you next season? ;-) #bloggerclubuk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't be long before he is cheering along too. Until next season. ...

      Delete
  3. My eldest has never been a very girly'-girl despite having beautiful hair. My youngest has very fine thin hair that tends to knot for very little reason but she is the one who loves having her hair done. Bless them.
    You sound like you're very paitent. Well done mom.
    #dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like doing her hair more than she enjoys me doing it.

      Delete
  4. I remember the crimping fashion when it first came out back in the 1980s. My Mum wouldn't let me have a crimper so I used to spend hours making tiny plaits each night! #bloggerclubuk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god!! I remember my mum crimping my hair for the school disco! My hair was do think I must have looked like a poodle. 😆 #bloggerclubuk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to get mine crimped for school discos

      Delete
  6. Why is it kids NEVER sleep when you need them to? OMG crimping!! I totally forgot about that. I heard some time ago it had mad a comback - eek! Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww it's so sweet that she wanted you to do her hair! The start of something, I get asked for all sorts of different hairstyles now! Thanks for joining us at the #bigpinklink

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait until my daughter lets me do her hair. But at the same time I am dreading it as I am terrible at plaits. Sounds like you had a fun day despite the lack of sleep. #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember demanding plaites in my hair as a kid so I could have crimped hair! Oh the memories!! ‪Thank you for linking up to the #familyfunlinky‬

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kids have amazing imagination don't they. And I love my little girl playing with my hair. #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww your little one sounds so cute! Bless her wanting to do your hair, I can't wait until my little one is old enough :) Thanks for linking up the #dreamteam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was better at doing hair. It is a fun thing to do.

      Delete
  12. I used to love having my hair crimped! I actually plaited my eldest daughters hair on Saturday night after the bath and she slept in them to give her some waves. she loved it! Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, crimping is such a great flashback, I'd forgotten that was a thing! I used to love having my hair crimped, it was such a treat! I think we had some kids crimpers too, as I don't remember them ever getting particularly hot! Having someone do your hair is always a treat I think - I love the feeling. Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete