Saturday, 11 February 2017

Chicken pox part 2

11/02/2017
Norwich 5 Notts Forest 1

So our poor baby didn't have the best nights sleep, intially we put it down to teething, but during a nappy change at 4 am I discovered a few spots, which this morning have turned into chicken pox. So we have yet another Saturday of lock down.

Luckily I visited storage in the week and managed to find some of my eldest favourite DVDs so that will keep her occupied for at least an hour.

I am disappointed it hasn't snowed properly yet, as although my husband would've missed the football, it would've been fun to play in it. Maybe tomorrow we will get some.

We have spent this morning playing with our eldest's Barbie/ Disney princess dolls.  We have been taking it in turns to put pantomines on for each other. I did Rapunzel and the Little Mermaid. She has done Cinderella and then I had to do Aladdin. The only obstacles we have is that we only have one Ken doll. So some of the uglier barbie have to play men. It's lovely to watch her acting out little plays from memory.

At lunchtime I left my eldest upstairs watching Cbeebies, while her food cooled down, as the football was on downstairs. And when I went upstairs to check on her she was asleep! I felt awful waking her up but otherwise she'll never sleep tonight. And her lunch would have been too cold.

I was really pleased this afternoon as Shrek 2 was on. Our eldest loves the Shrek films, she takes a cuddly Shrek toy to bed every night. We have them on Bluray, but as we don't currently have a Bluray player they are in storage.  Something she is not very happy about. So we were able to watch it and record it, I am pretty sure I will be sick of it by this time next week.

After watching Shrek she announced that she wanted to bake biscuits which was handy as I wanted to try out some cutters I got for Christmas. The biscuits won't win any prizes on the Bake Off, but the thought was there even if sadly the execution was lacking. We did have fun making them.

All told including the result and despite the pox we have had a successful day.  Now off to do a snow dance.

13 comments:

  1. I hope your little one doesn't get too sick with them - after the vaccine, they tend not to get it as bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, the dreaded Pox! I hope your little one has a speedy recovery and it isn't too rough along the way. I do love a bit of baking, it's great fun! Thanks so much for linking up to #Blogstravaganza xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no - we are on constant watch out for Chicken Pox at the moment as it is rife in my 4 year old's Reception class! Hope your little one gets better really soon. Thanks for joining us #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, chickenpox! Hope the baby feels better soon. The lock down can get a bit hard but I'm sure you'll get through it. I remembered we watched lots of TV too when the kids had the chickenpox. Thanks for linking with #bigpinklink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily she is back to herself now and that tablet has been hidden.

      Delete
  5. Look at all those dollys! I remember chicken pox being awful. It's done the rounds near us, but it's not been caught yet! Hope baby is ok. Thank you for linking up to the #DreamTeam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sorry to hear about the chicken pox, hope it passes soon #DreamTeam x

    ReplyDelete