Tuesday, 13 December 2016

Arts and Crafts

13/12/2016
Norwich 1 Aston Villa 0

So my husband started his new job yesterday which meant an early start for him today, at the moment he has a 1 hour and 45 minute commute. So as Norwich are at home tonight he is doing an Alan Partridge and staying in a Travel lodge.

This morning there was an arts and crafts morning at my eldest's new nursery culminating in Christmas Dinner for parents and siblings. I really enjoyed it as I am a huge arts and crafts fan and it gave me some good ideas for next year.

The dinner was also good I felt I should lead by example by eating everything they offered me. Including Christmas pudding. I am still on the fence about whether I like Christmas Pudding or not but I gave it a go. Complete with lumpy school custard.

Our next stop was a haircut for my eldest we went back to my old Hairdresser who I used to see before we moved to Enfield.  And I can't lie I've already booked myself in with her before Christmas it's been almost six months since my hair has seen the bleach bottle and in can't really carry it off as some trendy London do.

We then went to the local school's nativity play at the church I am worried my eldest will think Christmas is purely about presents and Santa so it was nice to have the opportunity to remind her about baby Jesus.

I am staying with my mum tonight so as a treat I went up and had a bath at 5.30 while my baby was asleep I've been in my pj's ever since. I am not sure I'll even make the end of the football.

12 comments:

  1. Skip the football, sit in the bath as long as possible! #ThatFridayLinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say watch the football but I love football Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are big football fans in the myrealfairy household so I would have to try for the football but I also really love my pj's too:) The comment about lumpy custard took me right back to my school days, I loved school dinners and in particular custard with a thick skin on the top..yummy!:) Thanks so much for linking up to my christmas special, I'm pleased you could join.
    Mainy
    #mainyloveschristmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Football and wine would be my recovery.
    #thatfridaylinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a footie fan, but my husband is. I have to agree, I think my kids think Christmas is all about presents. I kind of wish their school nativity had been more about what Christmas is about, but I guess with all the religions in schools nowadays and political correctness gone mad, this is a bit nowadays! Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes political correctness can go too far at Christmas. Especially when it's a great time to learn about other cultures.

      Delete
  6. I'm not a footie fan, but my husband is. I have to agree, I think my kids think Christmas is all about presents. I kind of wish their school nativity had been more about what Christmas is about, but I guess with all the religions in schools nowadays and political correctness gone mad, this is a bit nowadays! Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes political correctness can go too far at Christmas. Especially when it's a great time to learn about other cultures.

      Delete