Sunday, 28 August 2016

Early start

23/08/2016
Norwich City 6 Coventry 1

We were woken up at 5.30 this morning by our eldest as she was so pleased with herself and wanted to let us know that she had slept the whole night through without her dummies, this is the first time since about 6 weeks old. Although I am very proud of her achievement I like my sleep so despite trying to get her to go back to bed for 20 minutes I hesitantly got up with her.

Tuesdays are my day off as it were as she goes to nursery while I stay at home with the baby, due to the early start I decided to get my chores out of the way early so I could work on this blog today.

Although my husband is a season ticket holder because we currently live in London he doesn't get the chance to go to night games so he listens to the commentary at home instead, lucky me I one game on the TV and the commentary for another one on loud speaker.

So after a day of chores interspersed with flipping our baby onto her back I went to pick our daughter up from nursery. Of course now she is no longer having dummiesshe tried every trick in the book to keep me in her room tonight. I felt awful leaving her, but luckily (sadly) for our girls I'm not too much of a soft touch. And she eventually went to sleep on her own without her dummies.

My husband phoned to let me know he was running late so I set his commentary up for him the good little wife that I am and and then I got to work on the tea.

It's now half time and we are competing to see if the 3 month old prefer Agatha Raisin or football scores read out loud to her. As normally booby wins over both.

One note to the wise on breast feeding the hormones are still affecting me as I found myself crying whilst watching sky sports new's coverage of the Olympic plane this morning.  They just did so well.

3 comments:

  1. Thats so great the she went the whole night without dummies! I'm not a soft touch either, I would have stood my ground, on the occasions where I have given in we then have a three week process of trying to get the girls back on track. Now there are no exceptions to the rules. #BigPinkLink

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont leave us hanging, was it agatha raisin or the football?
    #dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on getting through the night without a dummy that's great news, and i hope that it continues. Thanks for linking up at #fortheloveofBLOG. Claire x

    ReplyDelete